I’ve been pondering purchasing a domain for this here blog and moving from WordPress. I looked initially in October of last year and looked again this past week. I have a lot of hesitations.
1. Who is going to move my site? If you know me, you know I’m not computer savvy. Far from it actually. I’m surprised I’ve been blogging for this long with no real issues. I know someone who is a site designer but he’s so hard to get in touch with, I’m afraid I’d be setting myself up for failure.
2. Who’s going to manage my site? Yes, I know I will, but once again I need a web developer to make the pages, keep the set up straight, and all that good stuff.
3. What’s the REAL benefit of moving to a site? I would still use the layout from WordPress. So why shouldn’t I just continue to use WordPress??? Yes, I know I could have ads put on the site, but would you guys really click them and see what they were all about?
I know there would be a few benefits.
1. I would be a bonafide business owner, because believe me, honey, I would handle it as such. I know you have to spend money to make money, but who has that kind of time???
2. I would be official. I get excited when I see people who have their own sites, like “Black N Bougie”,”Until I Get Married”, and “Very Smart Brothas”. Even my blogging mentor, “Hell in a Handbag”, got her own site recently. (Maybe that’s who I should have had this discussion with.)
I’m lost. What do you guys think? Do I purchase the domain or stick with good ol’ WordPress? WordPress has been good to me. I don’t feel limited in anyway, but maybe that’s because I haven’t tried to reach out too far. For those of you who think that I should purchase the domain, I hope you also have about 1 or 2 referrals for web developers. Until next time, I’m just a Southern girl…in the city!