Happy Monday! I got lots o’ stuff going on, so today’s post will be brief…I hope! As you all are my friends, I’ll share a little bit. Plus, it’ll give you some insight into what you can expect to read here next month.
– Articles! Not just on this site, but with 2 (yes, TWO!) magazines! I’m very excited about these opportunities. I have an article in “Fearless” magazine and a few articles in “Mood” magazine. So, yeah, I’m a busy little writing bee! 🙂
– Blog series. As February is Black History Month, I wanted to highlight young, minority business owners. So, this month, you can expect to see at least one business owner highlighted each week, so be on the look out and be prepared to show your support!
– Dating. Yeah, so I went to my 2nd speed dating event last night (one time for getting it for free. Shhhh!! Don’t tell anyone!). I went to Zen Wine Bar in Arlington. I’ll definitely go back. But I had a great time and met some cool guys. Hopefully I got at least one match! And, thanks to my girl Ms. Rasberry, who is well aware of my quest to be a serial dater in 2011, told me about City Stream featuring various singles in the DC area. (Here’s the link; you get one guess to which one is me.) Yeah, my answers are kinda whack, but if you know any guys who are looking for a great gal, send them my way!
– Work. Yes, I do have a job, 2 actually. Well, 3 if you count Benevole. But in any event, you can bet your bottom dollar that there is no rest for the weary! But that’s ok, because I know ALL of this work will pay off in the long run.
– Reading. Yep, big book worm, and the next selection my book club is reading will be Disintegration: The Splintering of Black America. I read the synopsis, and it looks like this will be interesting reading. We don’t meet until March, but I’m sure I’ll do a book review before then.
That’s a lot going on, and I’m tired from just typing it! Feel free to share what you guys are up to! I definitely am interested in what’s going on with you (and maybe I’m a little nosey)!!! Until next time, I’m just a Southern girl…in the city!