I said I wasn’t going to do it…but I can’t help it! TONS of people (at least in my Twitter timeline and my Facebook friends) were watching the season premiere of “The Game” last night on BET. Everyone had high hopes for the show but some didn’t think that BET would do it justice, even though the same writers and cast came over. Instead of saying what was wrong with the show, I’ll just ask some questions that ran through my head while watching the premiere.
(SPOILER ALERT: If you haven’t seen it, you may want to skip this post…)
– Why does Melanie have such a big mouth? Why did she take the DNA test in the first place?
– I do have love for the Bruhs (Coleman Love) but why was Terrence all over the TV screen with Tasha Mack last night? Who is his character? Is he a regular??? And WTH was Rick Fox???
– Speaking of love interests, WTH was Stacey Dash? Actually, it’s probably a good thing she wasn’t in this episode. Jason had too much to deal with.
– WTH happened to Kelly??? Although I love her new look (clothes notwithstanding), her new attitude has got to go. I know she was bitter about Jason choosing Camille and Tasha introducing them but that doesn’t mean she has to become a Grade A diva. She’s the EXTREME of these ex-wives and ex-girlfriends we see on these reality shows. It’s the worst…
-What happened to Brittany??? I do not like this new girl (no, it’s not the same Brittany). She’s too grown and needs a good butt-whooping. She’s on her way to becoming a(n) old Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, or Kim Kardashian.
– I totally understand Malik being pissed he’s not the franchise player anymore. I get that he’s pissed at the Sabers General Manager. But to be sleeping with his wife? And can I just mention I really don’t like Meagan Goode. Real talk, I haven’t liked her since “Eve’s Bayou”…
– Are we really surprised that Malik ended up with T.T.’s girl, Allison? I think not.
– Although Melanie is wrong for her actions (did I mention that already?), Janay did the ULTIMATE no-no when she went and bought the bag JUST LIKE Melanie’s!!!!
– Speaking of Mel, why can’t she just leave well enough alone? She has her man, they’re famous, and he’s the star player. She created this mess now she’s got to deal with it. And she chose to marry a man that had a baby. I really just want to slap her. She’s always causing unnecessary drama.
Ok, that’s all I’ve got for today. My final assessment of the the Season 4 premiere? Overacting, too dramatic, and too much. And ya’ll know I love “The Game”. But I’m just really disappointed with what I saw last night. I’m hoping it gets better as the season goes on, but I feel like the show lost the essence it had on the CW. It’s not the same. Oh, and the only person who has TRULY grown in these past two years is Derwin. And maybe Tasha (but I miss Foxy!!!) I know you all have thoughts, and I’m DYING to hear (well, read) what you think! Until next time, I’m just a Southern girl… in the city!
P.S. I didn’t like Sheree’s cameo. Was I supposed to know who the big bronze woman playing Ashley was? And if Kelsey Grammar (with his racist self) was involved, do you think the show would have been better????
- Television: ‘Game’ on: More Real Than Reality TV (nytimes.com)
- Wendy Talks To “The Game” Cast About Married Life & Hosea’s Naked Pics [VIDEO] (hellobeautiful.com)
- “The Game” Preps Return To Television With New Promos [PHOTOS] (hellobeautiful.com)