Let’s be honest. We all wish we could go back in time and change something-the nerd we were mean to in grade school who grew up to be cute AND smart and the day we fell in the mud with our white tennis skirt on. Well, there are some people who wish they could do 2010 ALL over again. I’ll share them with you below:
1. Kwame Kilpatrick– The former mayor of Detroit thought he was in the clear after serving 99 days of a 4 month sentence. But after probation violation, where he missed restitution payments, Kilpatrick was sent back to prison and sentenced to serve 18 months to 5 years in a federal prison. And to add insult to injury, just 2 weeks ago, he was indicted on corruption charges. The indictment includes 38 new charges that have been called “a pattern of extortion, bribery, and fraud” by a federal prosecutor. It seems Kwame can’t catch a break…
2. The Democratic Party- Let’s face it; the Dems couldn’t get their act together, and as such, the Tea Partiers and GOP won the House. And I know what you’re thinking-that’s typical when a Democrat is in the White House, but for the Dems, this is a big loss. And they can’t get along. And by that I mean they don’t agree with each other or the President. I hope they get their act, the few that are left, to hopefully get some things accomplished.
3. Amber Portwood– The reality star from “16 & Pregnant” and “Teen Mom” was arrested for domestic violence and child endangerment. GOOD FOR HER! I saw the episode where she beat up Gary, her daughter’s father. Amber was so abusive, and I’m glad that she was arrested. Hopefully she’ll serve time and get help for anger management. Maybe then she’ll be able to be a better mother to her daughter.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars– Now, you all know I love my football team, but I truly believe the Jags wish they could re-do this 2010 season, most specifically this game last Sunday. Trailing behind the entire 4 quarters, the Jaguars managed to tie the game and go into overtime. Not only that, they win the coin toss and have first possession. Then what happens??? David Garrard throws the ball for an interception, the Redskins have possession, kick a field goal, and win the game. 😦 This loss dashed any hopes that the Jags had of going to the playoffs. Although the Jags started out having a great season and were even # 1 in the AFC South for a few weeks, they weren’t able to hold on. I’m hoping that Jacksonville has a great season in 2011. I’m ready for them to go to the playoffs again.
5. The family of Mitrice Richardson- If you’re familiar with my blog, you know that I have been keeping up with the story of Mitrice Richardson, the 24 year old former honor student and beauty queen whose remains were found 11 months after she disappeared. Last week, her mother, Latice Sutton, asked the coroner’s office to exhume her body and examine her clothing. I hope this will help the authorities get closer to finding out who her killer is, because I do believe she was murdered.
Who do you think needs a do-over of 2010? Maybe you or someone you know. What are your thoughts on the stories I’ve shared? On tomorrow’s post, I’ll share with you some people who had a pretty amazing 2010. Until next time, I’m just a Southern girl…in the city!
- US files new charges against ex-Detroit mayor, dad (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Teen Mom’s Amber Portwood Formally Charged with Felony Domestic Abuse (seattlepi.com)